Vellafilm is a transparent atraumatic polyurethane film dressing with Silfix soft silicone adhesive. It is designed to protect the wound whilst minimising the pain and trauma associated with dressing change. The soft silicone will adhere to surrounding dry skin but not to a moist wound.
The clear film exhibits the optimum moisture vapour transfer rate. The dressing is transparent allowing observation of the wound site or primary dressing minimising dressing change frequency. The film backing acts as a bacterial barrier and has a low coefficient of friction to reduce potential tissue damage from sheer or friction.Indications for use
- Superficial epithelialising wounds
- Retention of primary wound contact layers and absorbent dressings
- Surgical wounds.
- Atraumatic soft silicone, reduced pain on dressing change
- Soft and conformable
- Adheres gently only to dry skin, not to a moist wound
- Optimal MVTR
- Bacterial barrier
- Reduces sheer and friction.