Greengard biodegradable plastic aprons look, feel and perform like standard plastic aprons, but degrade by 85% within 100 days of disposal.
We are all increasingly aware of the environmental issues caused by plastic pollution. While regular plastics can take several hundred years to decompose, technological advances have allowed 365 Healthcare to develop a range of plastic aprons with a reduced environmental impact - Greengard Biodegradable Plastic Aprons.
The new Greengard biodegradable plastic aprons meet the same specification as Premier disposable plastic aprons, but with the added benefit of being biodegradable. Greengard aprons' strength, aesthetics, flexibility and optical properties are comparable to standard plastic aprons.
Greengard aprons contain d2w technology, which accelerates the natural process of oxidation until the product is no longer a plastic, and can be bio-assimilated (i.e. used as a food source) by bacteria and fungi on land or in the sea. D2w is an additive which contains a mixture of salts which is added to the raw plastic during the manufacturing process. It will degrade over an accelerated time period in the presence of oxygen.
Greengard aprons comply with ASTM 6954 and other international standards on degradability, biodegradability and non eco-toxicity. They are also the first to gain SASO and ESMA approval.
Supplied in 100% recyclable packaging.
- Come in a roll of 200 aprons
- Size of each apron is 69cm x 117cm
- Thickness of each apron is 18 microns
- Looks and feels like ordinary plastic in terms of strength, aesthetics, flexibility and optical properties
- Degrades by 85% within 100 days of disposal
- Conforms to standards ASTM 6954
- Latex-free and single use
- Outer packaging 100% recyclable.